
Brian and I love Long Beach! We have been taking trips there for years. We have our favorite restaurants and walks that we make every time we go. But, our kids have noticed something...when we 'go to the beach' we go as a family and it involves wet dogs, LOTS of sand, and a trip to the ice cream shop. When Brian and I go, we 'go to the coast', this involves minimal sand, NO dogs, oysters, and the best clam chowder from the 42nd Street Cafe. Both types of 'going' are a blessing, but last weekend was definitely the 'coast' for us. It was a perfectly sunny winter weekend. Above is a beach at Cape Disappointment, a favorite for our family. Brian had his pipe and I had my knitting and we spent a wonderful afternoon sitting with nothing to do but look at God's creation. Very restful!

On our way out of town we hoped to gather a shell for Nathan. We headed out to Leadbetter State Park on the tip of the peninsula, a great place to find shells. Well we found no shells, but plenty of ice. I had never seen the western shore of Willapa Bay so frozen. Nathan will have to wait till spring for his traditional shell gift.


Another favorite stopping place is Oysterville, also at the tip of the Peninsula on the western shore of Willapa Bay. A great little town with period homes from the late 1800 through early 1900's, the cutest little church, and a small seafood store. The two pictures above are the views from the deck of Sea View farms. The gal in the store said it had not frozen like this in 30yrs. It was quite a sight!
We came home more rested and ready to tackle Christmas. Thanks to the kids and Sarah for letting us run away for a few days...see, we did come back!
Beautiful pictures, I love the ocean SO much! :) My family also used to frequent Oysterville; We rented one of the historic homes there a few different weekends over a couple years' time. The oyster shop does have some very good oysters and other things, I'd have to agree! I love the icy ocean pics, that is so amazing. Thanks for sharing your adventure!
ReplyDelete